As a foreign student looking to enroll in a university in an English-speaking country, you may be required to take the TOEFL exam. TOEFL is an abbreviation for the official name of the test, Test of English as a Foreign Language. It evaluates your ability to communicate and understand English by assessing your reading, speaking, listening, and writing skills.
These are all skills that will be required to complete your academic studies, and the test is employed by institutions to ensure students are capable of continuing and achieving results on their chosen course in a country where the syllabus is taught in English.
At Ruhe Global Resources, we train candidates not just to attempt the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination but also to enter with a confidence of being successful and attaining it. You can take TOEFL training with us at Ruhe Global Resources and be assured of the best possible result. There are numerous benefits why we should be the top choice for your TOEFL training.
Some of the reasons are:
- We have experienced tutors who have taught more than 200 students in the past 7 years.
- We can register for our online classes if you don’t live close to our offices.
- Our students who registered for our tutorials have 90% success rate.
- We have a very good and flexible payment plan for our students.
Register For Our Tutorials
Types Of TOEFL Exams
The TOEFL exam is taken in two ways. These are:
- IBT (Internet Based Test): TOEFL Internet Based Test, as the name implies, is administered online and is the most popular mode of examination. Approximately 97% of TOEFL test takers choose iBT. This test is given at various locations throughout the year. It is divided into four sections: reading, listening, speaking, and writing. All four sections are completed at a test center with internet access. You will read from the screen, listen through a headset, record speech into a microphone, and type written responses on a keyboard. As a result, it is entirely computer-based, with no use of pen or paper.
- PBT (Paper Based test): TOEFL applicants very rarely take this type of test. It is typically held in areas without internet access and is offered four times per year. This examination is also structured differently. It differs from the iBT in that it has only three sections: reading, listening, and writing. The test lasts about 2.5 hours, as opposed to the iBT, which lasts between 3.5 and 4 hours. The following is the test’s structure:
Writing Section: In about 50 minutes, you must write two constructed responses.
Listening Section: This section contains two conversations, three lectures, and approximately 28 questions that must be answered in 41 minutes.
Reading Section: There are three passages, each with ten multiple-choice questions. You have only 54 minutes to answer these questions.
TOEFL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
The conducting body has not decided or declared any specific eligibility criteria. Furthermore, there is no set age limit for taking the exam. However, it is typically undertaken by students who have completed their 10+2 exams and are planning to study abroad.
If the candidate is beneath the age of 15, he or she must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must complete and sign a release form at the test center.
Documents Required For Registering For Toefl
You must present your identification documents when you register for your TOEFL exam. The requirements differ depending on where you intend to take the test and your citizenship. As a result, it is recommended that you review your country’s specific general Id document requirements on the ETS’s official page.
However, each document presented must meet the following requirements:
- It should be a unique document. Photocopies, scanned documents, or electronic documents are not acceptable.
- It should be a document issued by the government.
- It must be current at the time of the test. It must include your full name, which must match the name you used to register. It must include a recent, recognizable photograph. It must include your signature.
- It should be written in English and should be readable by the test center administrator. If this is not the case, you will not be permitted to take the exam and your test fee will not be refunded.
If you cannot meet the document requirements, you must notify the ETC Office at least 7 days before your registration.